Note: If you would like to leave a comment, please click on the post title, scroll to the end, and click
"Post a Comment"

resolutions, schmezerlutions...

I don't believe in New Years' Resolutions.


{ probably because I never keep them. we won't talk about that }

But, I also understand that we can't move forward and become the people we want to be without setting some type of goal. 

I just don't believe in struggle. I don't like it. I don't believe it's necessary. And resolutions for me have always been a struggle.

Every little while, though, I come up with a list of things I want to accomplish. I don't give myself a time limit, because I don't like deadlines. I like being able to move at the pace I think I should be going at, and that things come in their own time, when I'm ready.

{ Which is probably why I don't run or do marathons or anything like that... I think a person should only run if they're being chased. That, and I'm just that lazy }

A few months ago, I came up with a new list: 
  1. Write to a stranger
  2. Create an immediate universe of Zen
  3. Mail strangers mix CDs I've made
  4. Read a book a month
  5. Volunteer once a month
  6. Work out five times a week
  7. Drink more water
  8. Meditate
  9. Love specific things about myself
I had forgotten about the list (that's how I roll) until yesterday. I was really pleased that I could say I've accomplished some of those tasks already. Maybe resolutions aren't so bad, after all...

Anyone else got a list going? Want to share?

3 Responses so far.

  1. Jessie says:

    You are my hero! :)

    My number one resolution/goal is to be more positive no matter what. To find the good in everything, and strive to do better when I fail at being positive! :)

  2. Ann says:

    Maybe I need a list. Maybe it would help me!

  3. Unknown says:

    Heh... I kind of feel the same way, since it just seemed so trite around New Year's, LOL... but I'm working on improving my handwriting this year. That's the kicker: I have desires to improve; I just don't generally like putting them out there for the world, and I don't generally make any progress, either, LOL.

    Maybe I should make "researching birth" a goal for this year - I could totally put that as largely-accomplished and still-in-progress, LOL! :)

Followers

Popular Posts