Note: If you would like to leave a comment, please click on the post title, scroll to the end, and click
"Post a Comment"

disconnected



Sunday night, through a series of events, I found myself without a working cell phone.

We don't have a land line, so this was my only means of communication with the outside world. We worked late into the night on Sunday trying to get something to work for me.  Finally, I told Ty I was done, and wanted to go to bed.

"But you won't have a phone," he said. "Is that ok?"

I told him I'd made it without one for 2 weeks in Thailand, and if I could survive a foreign country without a phone, I could make it a day or two without it here.

I woke up Monday morning, and felt calm. It was quiet from a storm having rolled through the night before. I turned on some music that I usually meditate to, and started to get ready. I left the TV off, I left the computer off, and didn't once think about my phone.

I made it to work earlier than usual, and got ready for the work day.

It was the most peaceful day I've had since we came back from Thailand.

Of course, my phone is working once again, but I'm kind of sad that it is. I really enjoyed the quiet.

Ty and I had decided earlier to have one night a week where we turn off all power to the house, and just enjoy the quiet. I'm thinking it's time to do that with the phone, as well.

One Response so far.

  1. Ann says:

    What a great idea. I really love that.

Followers

Popular Posts