Note: If you would like to leave a comment, please click on the post title, scroll to the end, and click
"Post a Comment"

Why today will be ok

Whenever I find myself growing grim about the mouth; whenever it is a damp, drizzly November in my soul; whenever I find myself involuntarily pausing before coffin warehouses, and bringing up the rear of every funeral I meet; and especially whenever my hypos get such an upper hand of me, that it requires a strong moral principle to prevent me from deliberately stepping into the street, and methodically knocking people's hats off--then, I account it high time to get to sea as soon as I can. … If they but knew it, almost all men in their degree, some time or other, cherish very nearly the same feelings towards the ocean with me.
- Herman Melville, Moby Dick

Today has been one of those Moby Dick days. Yesterday was, too. It would be the perfect day to stay home, away from the general public; sit in a warm bed with a cup of jasmine tea, listening to some quiet music, wishing it would rain.

Unfortunately, I'm not going to get to do that until Saturday. It's been a long morning, and it's going to be a longer week.

The only thing getting me through this ennui?



{ him. }

 He can stand to be around me even on days I don't like myself that much. He brings me cups of jasmine tea (even buys the tea for me when he goes to the store). He always lets me take long baths. He puts up with my Oblivion obsession. He always wants to cuddle. He never tells me the ending of a book, even when I beg him. He encourages me to do the things I love, like photography, painting, drawing, reiki, yoga, cooking, playing the guitar, and never teases me. 


He tells me he loves me at least 30 times a day. He eats anything I cook and never complains. He picks up after himself. He buys me BBQ when he can tell I don't want to cook. He makes plans with me (Thailand, here we come!! Well, in October...). He makes me feel beautiful, even when I've torn every piece of clothing out of the closet and can't find a thing to wear (don't look at the bedroom today...). 


He always makes me feel special. He lets me watch "Lost" and only makes fun of it on the commercials. He can always make me laugh. He never makes me feel bad when I cry. He's always there when I wake up in the morning, and when I fall asleep at night (unless it's the random Saturday night the guys are playing Bad Company and I fall asleep before they're done lol).

I know I'll never have to feel like I'm doing anything by myself; I know he'll always be there, even when I feel grumpy at the world for no apparent reason.  I love this man. More than he'll ever know. I may not be able to get to the sea, but he'll always be there waiting for me when I get home, and that is all I'll ever need.

2 Responses so far.

  1. Anonymous says:

    Yay for Thailand!!! :) (also yay for Ty for being so great to you!.....but don't tell him I said that. wouldn't want him to think that i actually liked him!) ;)

    Love you kitty!

Followers

Popular Posts