Note: If you would like to leave a comment, please click on the post title, scroll to the end, and click
"Post a Comment"

Kluay Buat Chee



Coral Island, Phuket, Thailand

About this time a year ago today, I was sitting on a train platform with Tyson in Thailand, waiting to board a train for a 5 hour train ride to Hua Hin.

 Phuket, Thailand

{ which you may recall as being my favorite place in the world. }
 { well, besides my bed }


Hua Hin, Thailand

Time has passed so quickly; I would have sworn we were only there a month or two ago. I woke up early this morning (something I of course never do), and laid in bed for an hour before it was time for Ty to get up. I thought about our trip, all of the amazing things we saw and did, the amazing food, the smells, and how cranky I am after I fly (sorry Captain Awesome).

I thought about how generous and sincere most of the people we met were. They had barely anything, and were the happiest people I've ever met. I am reminded again and again that I have SO much to be grateful for.


Coral Island, Phuket, Thailand
I promised Ty when we left that I would learn how to cook Thai food. I've learned a few things, but after thinking about all the amazing food we had there, I resolved again today to learn to cook more Thai food.
One of our favorite things we ate there (besides the VAST amounts of fresh fruit) was a dessert called Kluay Buat Chee, bananas cooked in coconut milk.
Make it. Eat it. Love it. I dare you. I triple dog dare you.
Kluay Buat Chee
3 Bananas
1 can coconut milk (I prefer Thai Kitchen)
3/4 cup sugar (more or less, depending on your taste)
1/2 - 1 tsp salt

Warm coconut milk over medium/high heat. Bring it to a boil. Add sugar and salt, and continue to boil for 2 minutes. Add bananas, and cook up to 2 minutes, until soft (but not squishy). Serve immediately. Prepare to have your taste buds BEG you for more.

One Response so far.

  1. Ann says:

    That sounds wonderful...I'll try it. :) I have had many similar thoughts lately, as well. I am so grateful for those experiences that give us genuine perspective. Love you! :)

Followers

Popular Posts