Note: If you would like to leave a comment, please click on the post title, scroll to the end, and click
"Post a Comment"

Vapour Trails

This week has definitely been more stressful than I thought it would be, heading into it. My grandmother died this week. I knew when I saw her at my brother's wedding in February, it would be the last time I saw her alive. I just wasn't expecting it this soon. 

Because of the weather, and not being able to leave earlier because of work, Ty and I didn't make it to the funeral. I was devastated Friday night after we decided not to go, but we knew we made the right decision.  He promised to take me down so I could say my goodbyes later when we had a free weekend.

When I woke up this morning, I could barely open my left eye; it had swollen mostly shut sometime in the night. I got up and tried rinsing it out, but it still hurt and was swollen; since it was conference today I was going to have breakfast with Ty so I went and showed it to him to see if he could see what I did to it. We're still not sure exactly what I did, but he got me some stuff to wash my eye out with, he put some antihistamine drops in it, and I took some Benadryl just to be on the safe side.

Now, because of the Benadryl, I was out like a light for most of the morning. I really tried to watch conference... I made the initial effort, but fell asleep just a couple of minutes into the first speaker's talk. I woke up every little bit and tried to listen and pay attention, but was asleep just as quickly. After a few hours, I woke up to Mr. Hercules making me lunch, and I've been fighting to stay awake ever since.

After conference was over, we drove up the mountain and enjoyed the quiet.
 
 Can you see how much I love this man?
  
 First you look so strong,
Then you fade away
The sun will blind your smile,
I watch you for a while
 
 
You are a vapour trail,
In a deep blue sky

  
Tremble with a sigh,
Glitter in your eye
You seem to come and go,
I never seem to know
And all my time
Is yours as much as mine,
We never have enough,
Time to show our love
  
 I love these hands
  
  
  
I can't wait to be his wife.

One Response so far.

  1. Jessie says:

    I'm glad you were able to spend time with Ty despite your eye problems! What a bummer...

    So I totally sit just like that in the car too! We must be related or something!

Followers

Popular Posts