Note: If you would like to leave a comment, please click on the post title, scroll to the end, and click
"Post a Comment"

Lack-of a Winter Wonderland ennui



I woke up very content and happy this morning. It was lightly snowing, and I had slept quite well.

And then I got to work.

For some reason, it all went downhill from there.

I felt ornery, out of sorts, abrasive, and far from wanting to be helpful. I didn't feel good, and then the sun started shining.

This would probably make a normal person happy. It makes me even more grumpy.

I. Do. Not. Like. Sunny Days. Especially when it's cold outside.

This is what winter should look like:




This is what winter looks like here right now:




BLEH.

At lunch, Mr. Hercules served me up a salmon taco from Cafe Rio and sat down next to me while I finished my Sherlock Holmes movie. "I feel grumpy today," he told me.

"I'm really ornery today too," I told him. "You're not grumpy because of me, are you?" I asked.

"Nope. Are you grumpy because of me?"

"Nope."

"Then we're good!" he said.


I love my mister. I love that he doesn't expect to be married to a robot, that I can have bad days and bad moods and so can he. We cuddled on the couch for a bit, he made fun of Sherlock Holmes ("Weatherman Holmes" is what he's calling him now), and then we sighed and went back to work.

My body and moods are quite sensitive to changes in weather. But, like I said before, it's backwards from most people. The gloomier it is, the happier I am. (I'm still working on a theory about why that is)

This year, Mr. Hercules and I are spending Christmas in California. I am VERY excited about this, and can't wait to relax. We're planning a trip to Half Moon Bay again while we are out there, and get to see Mr. Hercules's sisters and mom. We're also picking up Logan on our way. :) I can't wait--I miss that little guy...




{However, I'm going to have to trick my body into not expecting a white Christmas, since it'll probably be in the 60's while we're out there. :)}




Am I the only one who expects snow when it's cold? Every year, my brain forgets that I live in a high deserty area, and my body waits for the snow to dump.

{I think it's going to be a long winter...}

Thank goodness for snow days.


Also, I've been listening to this all day
(Thanks Joe!)

2 Responses so far.

  1. Ann says:

    LOL...I love the coversation between the two of you. :) I, too, am not fond of bare desert winter days. They make me really cold and off somehow. You can have our snow, if you like.

  2. I know how you feel actually. I don't like the cold, but I always find myself wishing that it would snow when it's cold. My brain just thinks "There's no point in the weather being this cold if there's no snow!"

    But I'm also very weird. I love the snow, I think it's gorgeous and I love to sled and have fights in it. I just hate ice and cold. Ice is evil and cold just bites. If it was warm and there was no ice, snow would be that much better.

    I know, it's weird. I've been told before :P

Followers

Popular Posts