Note: If you would like to leave a comment, please click on the post title, scroll to the end, and click
"Post a Comment"

Where I am Queen

I have felt completely overwhelemed lately. I can't give you any reasons why that would make sense to you, but suffice it to say that I consume the stress, pain, sadness and worry of those around me. I have a stressful job that I love, but lately it's been difficult to wake up excited to go to work. The main aspect of my job is to find other people jobs. Customers call me, telling me what type of people they are looking for, and I interview people all day long looking for the right person for the jobs I have. 
As you can imagine, the economy has been hinkey (I refuse to say the "R" word, because I think naming things and thinking them makes it worse, and I'm trying to stay positive) and it's finally caught up to us here. I have countless people come to me every day looking for work, and it's become downright depressing. I'm a normally upbeat, happy person, full of (at least I try) unconditional love, and open mind, and a free spirit (Ty lovingly refers to me as his Earth Child), but I must admit it's taking quite a toll on me. I feel completely exhausted and overwhelemed, and I'm honestly quite tired of it. 
So tired, in fact, that I slept for almost 12 hours Saturday night. Then took a nap at Mr. Hercules' apartment before we met my family for Sunday Night Dinner. I told him I felt bad for sleeping so much the past few days (as I took naps on Saturday, too!), but he lovingly told me that it looked like I seriously needed the sleep.
So, in an effort to bring my energy back up and feel less overwhelemed and more centered and positive, I've been looking through my favorite things, trying to bring the beauty back. I'll just share a couple with you. 

(All images are by me, please don't snatch unless you ask!) 

Go placidly amid the noise and the haste,
and remember what peace there may be in silence.
As far as possible, without surrender,
be on good terms with all persons.
Speak your truth quietly and clearly;
and listen to others,
even to the dull and the ignorant;
they too have their story.
Avoid loud and aggressive persons;
they are vexatious to the spirit.
If you compare yourself with others,
you may become vain or bitter,
for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.
Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.
Keep interested in your own career, however humble;
it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.
Exercise caution in your business affairs,
for the world is full of trickery.
But let this not blind you to what virtue there is;
many persons strive for high ideals,
and everywhere life is full of heroism.
Be yourself. Especially do not feign affection.
Neither be cynical about love,
for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment,
it is as perennial as the grass.
Take kindly the counsel of the years,
gracefully surrendering the things of youth.
Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune.
But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings.
Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.
Beyond a wholesome discipline,
be gentle with yourself.
You are a child of the universe
no less than the trees and the stars;
you have a right to be here.
And whether or not it is clear to you,
no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.
Therefore be at peace with God,
whatever you conceive Him to be.
And whatever your labors and aspirations,
in the noisy confusion of life,
keep peace in your soul.
With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams,
it is still a beautiful world.
Be cheerful. Strive to be happy.
 
 
This is the bright home
in which I live,
this is where
I ask
my friends
to come,
this is where I want
to love all the things
it has taken me so long
to learn to love.
This is the temple
of my adult aloneness
and I belong
to that aloneness
as I belong to my life.
There is no house
like the house of belonging.
~ David Whyte ~
The House of Belonging
  
 "Well-behaved women rarely make history." ~Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
  
 "Be still, sad heart,
and cease repining;
behind the clouds
the sun is shining" 
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

  
"Oh the comfort--the inexpressible comfort of feeling safe with a person--having neither to weigh thoughts nor measure words, but pouring them all right out, just as they are, chaff and grain together; certain that a faithful hand will take and sift them, keep what is worth keeping, and then with the breath of kindness, blow the rest away." ~ Dinah Maria Mulock Craik 
  
  
 I know your smile
and it is much too warm to waste on people in the street
(though smiles are plentiful)
and
I know
that if you keep the empty heart alive a little longer
love will come.
It always does,
maybe just at the last moment, but it will come
you must believe that...

~Rod McKuen
There. I feel better now. Don't you?

2 Responses so far.

  1. Ann says:

    I do indeed :) Love ya!

  2. Ann says:

    can I snatch a picture? :)

Followers

Popular Posts